An integrated multi-lingual global communications campaign designed to prevent domestic violence and abuse
TO DOWNLOAD OR VIEW THE SPOTS IN ENGLISH PLEASE CLICK HERE
TO DOWNLOAD OR VIEW THE SPOTS IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES PLEASE CLICK HERE
The No Excuses campaign is an integrated high-impact multi-lingual communications campaign designed to prevent violence and abuse within families targeted at the abuser. The campaign consists of 11 animated shorts of 30 seconds each.
All the spots may be viewed and downloaded for free in multiple languages. Please see the Spots by Language section.
The spots may be downloaded and used free of charge or tapes (for broadcasters) or DVDs (for any user) may be obtained. Please see the Ordering section.
The campaign will be created in 73 languages, thereby enabling a potential reach of over about 85% of the world's population, or about 5.75 billion people, in their own language.
The campaign goals are:
- Creating human rights within families.
- Preventing all forms of family violence by creating behaviour change.
- Challenging the perpetrators or abusers to change, not the victims.
- Building awareness of the burden resting on the abusers.
- Building awareness that violence against family members is not tolerable or acceptable.
- Communicating a message that family violence is not justifiable for any reason.
- Communicating a message that family violence is not acceptable or justifiable specifically for any reason related to culture.
- De-linking family violence and racial, religious, ethnic or other cultural background.
- Communicating a message that violence within families needs to be prevented in all countries, amongst all populations.
- Acting as an "ice-breaker" to create an atmosphere of information sharing.
- Reversing current norms by going where there is silence, tolerance or acceptance.
- Promoting open discourse and a proactive mindset towards family violence prevention at the family, group, community and national levels.
- Labeling violence within families as crimes, particularly rape.
- Stopping all forms of rape in particular, within families and in situations of conflict.
- Easing the stigma for those who may seek to intervene or report family violence.
- Easing the stigma for those who may seek assistance because of family violence.
- Building awareness that family violence in the home is the same as violence committed outside the home.
- Building awareness that violence in all its forms, physical, sexual and rape, is not a normal behaviour, in particular within a marriage or partnership.
- Building awareness that violence in all its forms, physical, sexual and rape, is not a normal behaviour, in particular as a part of childhood.
- Provoking local and national discussions within countries on the issues of family violence prevention and tolerance.
- Promoting partnerships within countries and communities to tackle violence within families.
- Provoking local, regional and national discussions within countries on the policies, laws and capacities surrounding the treatment, care and dealing of victims of family violence by society as a whole.
CONTACT THE PRODUCER AT: INFO@NOEXCUSESCAMPAIGN.ORG